
Yesterday Stephen and I went to the levee by our home to do our daily walk. Stephen went on ahead of me jogging. I was walking listening to my ipod to an LDS singer and the song was about a mother and daughter that had car trouble when the mother had said something like, "the only way we're going to make it home, is to pray". The daughter prayed and immediately after the car started. This got me thinking about how many times this kind of thing has happened to me. Many times saving me in dangerous situations. Well, just then, I felt 'danger'. I began to question that, as I was walking in broad daylight near houses on the levee, where usually there are many others walking, jogging, biking, etc. too. But, not at the moment, and when I turned around, there was a pit bull similar to the one in this picture, standing right behind me as though he wanted to attack me. I wanted to scream, most dogs don't scare me except pit bulls, and I know it feared my fear. I knew if I screamed for Stephen, he was too far away to help me and it might trigger the dog to attack. The words came into my mind as clear as possible, to pray. I pleaded with the Lord in those mere seconds of decision, "Lord, please send the dog home", and immediately the dog turned around and took off. I began to doubt such an easy fix when at that moment the dog turned back around and stared me down, again. I continued praying, deciding it was not mere coincident. The Lord did answer my prayer. This time the dog took off and disappeared. Course in the aftermath I started bawling until I hooked up with Stephen. I am so thankful to be taught such a simple lesson regarding prayer and faith. And, I'm also very grateful that I was listening to music that invited the Holy Ghost to prompt me in danger.
Sorry to those of you that have or like pit bulls. It's not the dog but the owner's that make them vicious. An interesting addition to my story, was that when I was telling my sister, Lynette, she told me Ron had a pit bull story while they were in Texas. It was ready to attack Ron until a good samaritan stopped and gave him a ride. Then, in the news tonight, there was a story of 2 pit bulls loose today in Carmichael that attacked two separate men before the dog catchers and police could catch them. They both had to be shot and killed as they attacked while trying to be caught.
3 comments:
So scary! I'm glad you are ok and you thought to pray.
I'm scared of rotweilers (sp?) Remember when I had a paper route? Well I got off my bike and was walking up to the house because it was a "porch" newspaper.....when a rotweiler was lying in front of the door barked at me and started for me. I was sooooo scared. As I was running away to jump on my bike I said a prayer to myself (although it might have been out because I was so freaked out). I'm glad you're okay and THANKYOU for teaching me at a young age the importance of prayer. I have and never will doubt it. I pray all the time these days for the many blessings we've received because of paying tithing. The Lord works in mysterious ways and I believe it! I love you!
I am so glad you are okay! I have to ditto Ashley, you did teach us the power of prayer!
Post a Comment