Thursday, December 11, 2008

Our little Angel, Evan Chandler Haddock (our 8th of 9 grandchild)


Evan was born on September 7th, 2006, and passed away on August 10th, 2008. How can the Lord giveth and taketh so quickly, we barely got to know him. Our lives basically stopped on August 10th. I was on my way home from my great niece's wedding reception in Bakersfield, CA, and had exited in Atwater, CA to visit two of our best friends, Bev and Chris. I pulled over to talk to Steve who was in Florida at our son, Adam's, as he was just put in as Bishop of his and Angela's wards, with new ward boundaries. While on the phone, they discovered Evan had escaped to the backyard and fallen into the pool. Steve and Adam tried to resuscitate him until paramedics came to no avail. Bev, Chris, Billy (Bev's dad), Ron, Lynette, Ronald II, Veronica, David & Sarahi, all came to my aide, with help from Heather, Tamra and Kristen making arrangements for Lynette and I to get airfare. I can't say enough to all those that helped me throught the 'shock', I will forever be in their debt. Since then, we have all been just 'going through the motions' since then. It has been the hardest thing I've had to go through. I've tried to put myself in Angela and Jim's shoes, but no one can really know their pain. All we can do is help, support and love them. Take a look at Evan's picture, he is an angel, our little Evan, in Heaven.
(to check out the youtube video my niece made about Evan but, just found out that the music was deleted-we're trying to fix it): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbrUQNK4kGU )

2 comments:

Angela said...

Okay, so now I am crying!!!I miss that crazy blond hair boy. That picture reminds me of the Mona Lisa...is he smiling or not? I love that picture because of his hair...it depicts him so well. Thanks for all you do for me mom! And by the way, your blog looks good!

Steve said...

Your blog looks really professional. Nice job.