Wednesday, March 25, 2009

My sister in law, Nancy


(This picture was taken when we went on a cruise in 2005)

Last week our sister in law, Nancy, passed away. Although, with death, comes sadness, also comes happiness. Nancy had been fighting cancer for several years. Though we miss her terribly, she is reunited with Steve's brother, Brian, who passed away 3 years ago, from cancer. And, now, Nancy isn't suffering anymore.

I'm so grateful for my knowledge that I KNOW that my redeemer, lives, loves each of us, and that we will all be together again, someday. But, in the meantime, it will be so hard for Nancy and Brian's, 3 children, and 1 grandchild with 1 more on the way. I hope they know that if they need anything, they can always count on us.

It seems so sad that we seem to make a bigger effort to go to funerals, than we do in just 'getting together'. I hope it won't be another funeral that brings our family together, the next time. Thanks for all those that came and stayed with us this past weekend, to attend the funeral. We had such a great time. We love you!
(I wish I had got my camera out sooner, to get pictures of the rest of the family)



'No Empty Chairs' God intended the family to be eternal. With all my soul, I testify to the truth of that declaration. May he bless us to strengthen our homes and the lives of each family member so that in due time we can report to our Heavenly Father in his celestial home that we are all there- father, mother, sister, brother, all who hold each other dear. Each chair is filled. We are all back home! Ezra T. Benson

1 comment:

Angela said...

Wish we could have been there! We can't wait to see you soon!
LOVE YOU!
Angela