Definition from Wikipedia: Memorial Day, holiday in the United States observed in late May. Previously designated Decoration Day, it was inaugurated in 1868 by Gen. John A. Logan for the purpose of decorating the graves of Civil War veterans and has since become a day on which all war dead are commemorated.
I would like to say thank you to all those who have served in the many armed forces. A special 'thank you' for those from our family: Glen, Edwin, Jerry, Robert, Michel, Jaysen, Andrew, and of course my dear hubster, Stephen. And, since this is Stephen's computer, I can't get pictures of these dear men.
I love these Ronald Reagan quotes:
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.
Democracy is worth dying for, because it's the most deeply honorable form of government ever devised by man.
Freedom prospers when religion is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged.
Without God, democracy will not and cannot long endure.
Ronald Reagan
Again, THANK YOU for helping to preserve my freedom.
1 comment:
Thank you, Sheryl. I love the quotes. Some of the best ever. Love you both. Lynette
Post a Comment