
Today was Evan's 2nd Angel Day. It just doesn't seem possible that he has been gone 2 years. The feeling of loss, sadness, grief, and much more. is still clear and present. Evan may only have been my grandson, but a chunk of life was zapped out of me when he left. I know that if we live our lives in accordance to the teachings of Jesus Christ, that we can reunite with loved one's. But, here and now, is the hard part. I love all my children so much and I'm so sorry that Angela, Jim and family had to lose a precious son and brother. My heart aches for their pain, I can only imagine the pain the Savior went through for all of us.
So, 2 years have passed now, and what have I done to move forward with the lessons taught by this sweet angel? I have been reflecting all day and evening about this. I want to be able to fall at the feet of the Savior, with humility, and be welcomed home. We never really know when 'our time' is up, here. May we all live each day as if it were to be our last-no regrets. What a great feeling for Evan and others like him, to be welcomed, opened arms, by our Savior. What joy He must have had and also what pain He must have felt, for those losing Evan. My heart and love go out to all the Haddock family: Angela, Jim, Danielle, Kailey, Cameron and Savannah. How wonderful for Evan, to have you nearly 2 years. How wonderful for you to have been blessed with such an angel, like Evan Chandler Haddock.
3 comments:
I too have thought a lot about Evan and his sweet family these past few days. His was definitely a life that has touched mine for good and for that I'm eternally grateful.
Thanks Susan, did you get your yellow finch?
Thank you for your sweet words, Mom. We love you and Evan loves his Nana and Papa. Thanks for posting on his Angel Day.
Post a Comment