Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I got...got...got, I got no time! Which group sang that?

The older I get the more this seems to effect me. So many times I've wanted to to hit the 'pause' button. How many of us have DVR's now? I'm not quite as attentive to a program because I know I can rewind it and listen, again. The other day, while listening to the car radio...I asked Steve, "what did they say, rewind it!" That's how I feel about how fast this year's flying by. I will try to catch up fast, since the pause button isn't working and time simply keeps flying by.

September:
Along with all our family/friends in many areas of the country, we sent 'Evan in Heaven' yellow balloons for what would have been his 2nd birthday. We miss you Evan!

We had our house painted by a good friend, Greg...Ashley's lifelong buddy.

We also got a visit from Ashley and Teigen. Oh such fun!


October:
We met Aaron and Angela in Salt Lake for General Conference, it was so fun. We got to see Steve's family, Eric and Suzy's family, and Ron and Lynette visiting there too. Aaron had my camera at a BYU game, so didn't get pictures of the others.

We went to Arizona to attend the temple with my cousin Amy, for her first time.

We were able to stay with our great friends Annette and Bob Sherfy.
Steve and I had an usual Halloween, with his wizard costume and my witch costume. We have so much fun handing out candy.


November:
We celebrated my mom's 84th birthday in Reno with some extended family.

We had such a wonderful time spending a week with Aaron and Angela in North Carolina. We visited many local sites, universities, the ballet, the temple in Apex near them, and a couple of days on the coast. I've lost my other memory card with more pictures...bum!
Sarah Duke Garden at the Duke campus

What beautiful yellow!

Angela and Aaron's at Thanksgiving, what a feast they had!

We also went to Wilmington and had a great few days, but the pictures were on my lost picture card.

December:
We were able to host our 11th annual Creche Exhibit. There were so many people that came to view our exhibits. It gets bigger and better every year.

Steve and I loaded up our piano, bookcases, toys and Christmas gifts and took off to spend Christmas with Ashley, Justin and Teigen. Steve put his back out on our way out the door with the piano, so it was a very long, trip. But, the snow, 20+ car crash in the snow in Arizona, didn't help the trip run smoother either. We finally made it there safe and sound. We had a great time especially watching little Teigen with the excitement of Christmas. We also were able to babysit Teigen so his mom and dad could celebrate their 4th anniversary.

So that was 2009 in a nutshell!

4 comments:

Steve said...

the who

Sheryl Towers said...

Figures you would know! Haaaa

L McD said...

Loved reading and catching up. I have photos of Utah trip with Suz, Hayden, Angela and Aaron when we were waiting for the restaurant, if you want me to send them.

Miss Amy said...

i feel so blessed that you fit me in to your busy, busy schedule!!! :) love you!!!